Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ray[_7_] Ray[_7_] is offline

Default Turning tools

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:26:50 -0400, Anon Ymous
wrote:

While I have been doing woodworking for the past 65 years I am new to
turning. About a year ago I bought a HF lathe (the cast iron one for
$150) and HF tools (the 8 chisels heavier HSS for $40). While some
recommend against buying a set, I don't think you can buy just a few
chisels for the cost of that set. This set will probably hold me for
the indefinite future. So far I have mastered the scraper and the
parting tool and a few special ones I made from old screwdrivers.
Remember a poor craftsman blames his tools. For some pictures of a
beginners efforts see

http://ray80538.home.comcast.net/~ra...l/segbowl.html

I think they turned out OK.

Is this a wood turning forum or a "Hot Sexy video" forum? What a bunch
of junk!

In case there are any turners reading I'll try a post. Does anyone have
any experience with the Stone Mountain turning tools sold by Peachtree
Woodworking Supply?

Will they do a good job?
Suggestions for a set?

I'm a beginner turner and would like a decent quality set of tools that
I can grow into.

Thanks!