Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve[_43_] Steve[_43_] is offline

Default EMT Design Question

Bill wrote in
:

Doug Miller wrote:

Rigid metallic conduit (RMC) and electrical metallic tubing (EMT) are
not the same thing. For your application, you definitely want EMT.
Among other things, you can't bend RMC, and you can EMT. RMC is waaay
overkill.

That is a nice fact to know about RMC. Thank you.

I still think that's going to prove to be the easiest route for you
(assuming you're still intending to surface-mount all of this).

Yes, I don't doubt you that it would be the easiest way.
And, I can't argue with your point that "it's just a garage". But
there is no reason to skimp on this detail. You didnt surface mount
the wiring in your new wine cellar, did you?

Bill,

Just to add a little info he You can bend RMC conduit, but it is a
real bitch. For example, because of the increased wall thickness a 3/4"
EMT bender is used to bend 1/2" RMC. As has been mentioned, RMC is way
overkill for a garage.

Steve