Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway[_2_] Gordon Shumway[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing the filter on a Craftsman 5 Gallon Clean 'N' Carry Wet/Dry Vac. (Epic Fail!)

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 22:53:59 -0500, "
wrote:

Maybe next time you think of buying something from Sears you will
remember this debacle and go somewhere else to spend your money. Sears
has been on the downhill slide for many years. Kmart may be
successful at putting them out of their misery.

While I agree with your sentiments WRT Sears, there are a ton of these shop
vacs running around. I have one (from 20ish years ago), too. They won't get
any more of my money (or shopping time), but I do have some of their junk.

My 40 yr old vac died about 10 years ago. I still have the tools that
came with it - even the wide brush with the two small wheels. Yeah,
they had wheels back then. The OEM plastic wheels broke many moons
ago so now I have shiny aluminum wheels now!

The only time I go back to Sears is to have a broken tool replaced.
Don't get me started on their replacement bait and switch tactics. I
bought the "industrial" or "professional" or whatever tool way back
when and paid extra for it. It fails but they quit making that tool
years ago and replaced it with the new and improved "Super-Duper"
series and they try to make me settle for their current standard crap
because I didn't buy the "Super-Duper" stuff! Now, see what you've
done, now you got me all ****ed off about Searz... Aw, crap!