Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_41_] Bill[_41_] is offline

Default Sharing photos from lighting experiment

Larry Jaques wrote:

Huh? You're surface mounting everything except the feeds to the
switches, which are in the wall, right?

and then feeding up from the switch box behind the wall.

What's with eaves and top plates? Everything is under them.

As of today, it is. Makes things easier! : )

You'll use EMT between the
fixtures and FMT from the center fixture to the wall with the
switches, oui?

Why not EMT here too (given that it's a higher standard, I probably
would have to buy at least $20 worth of FMT, and would have to learn to
connect it)?

Hell, you'll get this thing done by Easter if you keep going!

That would be nice.

Dentatured alcohol okay for removing the machining oils? I know we
don't want a fire, but we don't want rust either, right?

Yes, no, and you're painting them, right? Appliance white spray or
same as walls/ceiling, whichever, to match the fixtures.

It's nice to finally find out I'm going to be painting the EMT. Sheesh!
It seems like the correct type of paint will be important. I can
see that there are some safety issues involved. Thank you for mentioning
this. I would Not have painted it.... We won't worry about the stuff
running behind the wall from the switchbox to the ceiling (or we paint
it before installing it)?

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/PlayingWithEMT.pdf

Thank you!
Bill