Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_41_] Bill[_41_] is offline

Default Sharing photos from lighting experiment

Larry Jaques wrote:

What I actually read is that, preferably, FMC is used in lengths of no
more than 24". Comments welcome.

I thought you might use it to go from the ceiling to the wall.

The problem is that these meet at the eave. You couldn't even get a
screwdriver close to there with taking a nail in the head or arm, let
alone seeing what you are doing. It was all I could do to run romex
through the top plate last summer (I make a hardboard panel to cover up
all the nails between rafters).

I'm having a "big time" doing my conduit bends in SketchUp! : )

Got a bender yet? 1/2" emt is easy to work with. Go with light gauge
wire and I think you can use it.

Yep, got a bender at auction and have lots of #14 colored wire.

Hell, you'll get this thing done by Easter if you keep going!

Classes start before the end of this week. If I could get things
painted by mid-September (when the avg temp dips below 55), I could hang
lights in the winter.

P.S: Prime and paint the furring strips and emt before putting them
up. Clean emt and fittings with lacquer thinner on a rag and it will
take off the machining oils.

Gosh, should I be thinking about furring strips?

Dentatured alcohol okay for removing the machining oils? I know we
don't want a fire, but we don't want rust either, right?