Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sharing photos from lighting experiment

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 17:04:32 -0400, Bill
wrote:

BTW, a little trick I invented for finding those lost
springs and screws is a powerful magnet (I've got a 2 inch stack
someone gave me from electronic devices--equivalent to the "rare
earth" variety, I think). It even works in the grass!

I'm sure it's really fun finding a 1/8" dia x 1/2" long spring in
2,463 sf of grass.

If you simply attach several rare earth magnets to the front of your
mower, it might pick up the spring next time you mow the grass.

One of those sandblast/medical isolation chambers with the attached
rubber gloves might be just the thing for keeping springs where you can
find them. You could even build your own without the gloves. (I'd
probably STILL lose one once in a while.)

Good, I don't need to fear "dust" in my finshes? Or just, rolling it
off the ceiling? : )

With the whole room painted, from the ceiling. If you cut wood,
you'll always have dust.

I've been intending to build a finishing booth (even got some good
advice here about it) and just haven't gotten that far yet. It's
nothing more than a 3/4" PVC pipe frame covered with some cloth to keep
the dust out of the finish. No glue, so it can be disassembled later.

Puckdropper