Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_41_] Bill[_41_] is offline

Default Sharing photos from lighting experiment

Puckdropper wrote:
Larry wrote in
:

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 02:13:56 -0400,
wrote:

*snip*
Painting the floor sounds alot like planting grass seed.

Painting or touchup once or twice a year is a whole lot less
maintenance than mowing weekly, fertilizing, sprinkler systems, mower
service, mower purchase, gas, oil, etc. A whole lot less.
And once you've worked on a painted floor, you'll never go back. If
you drop only one precious spring or screw in that time, you'll thank
your lucky stars. Dust cleanup is easier, too. And think of all the
-cushioning- all those mils of paint give your feet!

*snip*

I've had a couple painted concrete floors that started to peel after a
short period of time. (Just a few years.) I want to stress the
importance of proper prep, as I think that's what's causing the issues
with peeling paint. (Improper prep.)

I guess some methods require a muriatic acid wash or etch to ensure good
paint adhesion.

One last tip: If you're working with a precious spring sweep the whole
area before beginning the project. That way, it'll show up better as it
inevitably jumps yards away.

Puckdropper

Last time that happened, I was working on a fishing reel at the kitchen
table. The precious little spring jumped into the shag carpeting at
least twice. A magnet helped save my sanity.

BTW, your recommendations to clean the floor well before painting sounds
like good advice!

Bill