Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OneCall: Farnell/CPC higher education discount

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 12:17:14 +0000, D.M.Chapman wrote:

In article , Theo Markettos
wrote:

What's interesting is that staff and students of appropriate HE
institutions can also get the discount for personal purchases (over 20
pounds value, ordered online, free postage). You just ring them up and
give them an academic email address and they register you. First order
must go to your home address, then they ship elsewhere.

Yep, discovered this accidentally a couple of years back when I ordered
something from CPC.

I have a credit card registered at my work address so I can get stuff
delivered there without hassle (from the supplier anyway...). I placed
the order, then got a phonecall a few mins later saying they would have
to cancel the order as it was an educational address but it was ok, they
had created me a onecall account and reordered there. They sorted it
all.

I've always had my CPC orders delivered to the same building as you, but
never got offered onecall. It isn't fair!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org