Posted to alt.home.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Replacing the filter on a Craftsman 5 Gallon Clean 'N' Carry Wet/Dry Vac.

The model number is 113.179255.

A picture of the filter is he
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixiter/index.html

The nut you see at the top of the picture won't budge. Thus, I cannot remove
the filter. I called Sears and they said it should come off easily without
any tools. The vacuum is less than a year old and only used a couple of
times. I don't think I ever removed the filter before. You can see how
mangled that plastic nut is now after trying every tool the in drawer to
remove it. (Why would they use a plastic nut?) I must be missing something
really obvious. One other thing I should mention, the owners manual shows
the parts blow up which includes a "filter nut lever." I didn't see anything
like that attached to or near the nut.

Thanks for your replies.
--

David Farber