Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Car hiitches easy to install!!! except

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 17:11:56 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

micky wrote:
I went to JCWhitney and they sold Curt and Hidden Hitch, and in the
reviews people kept talking about installing the hitch in 30 minutes,
and about not having to drill and cleaning out the threads, and
gradually I figured it out. I went to a couple hitch sites and one
had an FAQ that referred to weldnuts and two had downloadable
installation instructions that were explicit. Although in my case,
I'm supposed to drill two more holes and snake a square U-bolt into
them, in addition to the other two bolts on that side.)

Here's one-
http://www.hiddenhitch.com/content/fitguides.aspx

I went to that site looking for install instructions for my 94 Caravan to see
the details. I can't find any access to installation info other than "drill
required".

Whitney seems to have no such info on-line either.

Whitney's pages hitches are pretty good, but a reseller is not usually
going to have all the special info that the manufacturer has

Have you found such info, and would you have a site suggestion?

I have a few pdf files but I'm having a hard time figuring out where
they came from. Despite what I said a couple lines up, it might be a
reseller, but one that deals in hitches, etc.

I have 100 or more tabs open in 7 Firefox windows and FF keeps
crashing. When I get it under control, I can see where I got these
directions, and I'll post it here.