Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Segment turning

On 08/20/2011 01:17 PM, Jerry Ohio Also wrote:
Did some turning the last couple of days.
Pic's on my web page. hope it's allright to show webpages on here !!

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/Grandmother300/TheGreatUrn
http://community.webtv.net/Grandmother300/GOTERDONE

Perfectly fine to post URLs here. As long as they're on topic anyway. g

That's quite a project. Future family heirloom?

I noticed you didn't stagger the joints. I'd be hesitant not to - have
you done other segmented vessels w/o overlapping the joints? Any
problem with joint failure? Since it's essentially a butt joint it's
not particularly strong. I'd be worried about seasonal movement.

Seem to be some finish on the glued up rings - was this wood salvaged
from an old something or another? Waste not, want not. Hard to tell
from the photos - is it maple?

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb