Posted to alt.home.repair
Curt M. Curt M. is offline

Default Flex Seal?

Looking for a product like Flex Seal. Read some bad reviews about how they
do business, but the product is supposedly good.

What I have is, a front door with a side light on each side. The panels are
metal, and because (ok don't yell at me!) of neglect, one panel is starting
to rust. The problem is, on the exterior, from the factory, they have a
piece of moulding at the bottom. Some years ago I caulked it, but haven't
kept an eye on it. The caulking has cracked, the wood on the metal panel
needs replaced, but I feel the need to treat the base of the panel with
something so no further rust will occur. Maybe slap a new piece of treated
lumber on the metal by caulking into place to hide the area after applying
a rubberized paint. Really don't want to buy a gallon of stuff, which would
be go to waste.

Since replacing a new entry door with sidelights is out of the question,
ideas appreciated.