Posted to alt.home.repair

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

On Aug 19, 7:22*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Batteries are very expensive. And only last a few years.
I've read in solar catalogs and manuals, it's much better to
use the power at the same instant. Run the pumps directly
off the panels, and don't use batteries. Ranchers in the
west, same counsell. Run the stock watering well pump
directly off the solar, and build a huge holding tank for
the water.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"G. Morgan" wrote in message

There is no point in doing a solar anything to run just
the pool pumps. He has two 2 hp pumps that are
pulling 10 amps each. That would require a 4.8KW
system, which is the size of a small system for a
whole house. If he goes with solar, just make it
a true residential solar system that's tied to the
whole house and grid.