Posted to alt.home.repair

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

Batteries are very expensive. And only last a few years.
I've read in solar catalogs and manuals, it's much better to
use the power at the same instant. Run the pumps directly
off the panels, and don't use batteries. Ranchers in the
west, same counsell. Run the stock watering well pump
directly off the solar, and build a huge holding tank for
the water.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"G. Morgan" wrote in message

I don't know much about pools, but I've heard it is better
to run the
filter/Polaris during the day. Makes sense, since we're
trying to kill
algae and they feed on light.

Since there are mechanical solar heating panels, the
obvious choice is to
run the pumps during the day.

If you go full-solar you'll have a huge battery bank,
transfer switch,
and a giant inverter. It won't be cheap but hey, if you
pole-mount the
panels in the yard; you'll have less grass to water!