Posted to alt.home.repair
SF Man SF Man is offline

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:12:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

One is the pump protection system that senses when
the well runs dry and cuts off the power to avoid
burning out the pump. That is what
is apparently cycling the pump at 30 min intervals.
But you say in another post that from other testing it
appears that is about the recovery rate of the well
anyway, so fiddling with the cycling time of this
box, assuming that's possible doesn't sound likely
to yield much in the way of improvement

I would wholly agree with that sentiment.

It takes about a half hour just to get about 3 minutes to 5 minutes of well
water.

Then it goes dry.

In fact, it might be helpful for me to change the setting to one hour, so
as to cycle the pump less frequently.

I may devise a test to test that out.