Posted to alt.home.repair
SF Man SF Man is offline

Default Remote sensing of water holding tank levels (measuring contraption)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:49:56 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Put a sensetive pressure gage on the pipe, where it comes
into the house. Water creates 0.434 PSI per foot.

That is an interesting idea.

I think you mean the standard pipes that go into the house for water? If
so, that won't work (I don't think) because the booster pump at the tanks
pressurizes the water to something like 60 psi.

But, if I could somehow put a separate hose to the house from the tanks ...
that might work ...

But, the other ideas seem simpler.