Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Slider window problem: resolved

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Aug 18, 6:02*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

A while back I posted about a slider window problem - wouldn't close
completely, see below.

The moveable pane has a slight vertical fin on the back so that it will
close against a mirror image fin on the fixed window thus - theoretically
-
keeping small critters out. *It turns out that the fixed window is bowed
slightly...just enough to keep the moveable pane from passing without
pushing the bow out. *Cheap windows are a PITA.

I haven't come up with a fix, may just put in a screw so the window can
never again open *

I take it you never got the movable pane out? Seems you could file a
mating bow in its fin then.

What does that last mean in English? Straight question.

HB

It was in English. But if you'll tell me which part you don't grok, I'll
be happy to rephrase or elaborate.