Posted to rec.woodworking
woodstuff[_2_] woodstuff[_2_] is offline

Default Planes for smoothing

"Greg Guarino"
snipped respectfully.

I have no illusions that my junior high shop teacher would have
pronounced my scrap piece "SSS" (Straight, Square, Smooth) and I didn't
dare run a try square over it, but the finish was quite surprising. I
looked briefly online, and it seems there are craftsmen who prefer
planing over sanding, at least in some situations.

Sorry, but I can't help much, as I was removed from jr high shop because I
took out the school bully with a plane. I was much older before I learned
about planes. I'm not proud of my improper use of a plane, but I have never
really regretted it.