Posted to alt.home.repair

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

On Aug 18, 3:18*pm, SF Man wrote:
On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 06:31:57 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
How exactly does it shut off and wait 30 mins?

SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS:
1. House Side:http://picturepush.com/public/6347599
2. Pump Side:http://picturepush.com/public/6347607
3. Well Side:http://picturepush.com/public/6347612

If 'you' can make sense of the setup, I'd LOVE to know how it actually
works!

Why, for example, are their FOUR boxes for the well?

This one of those four boxes does the 30-minute timeout when the well runs
dry:
* Pumptec Model 5800020116 P/N 223122101 Rev 4
* The NoLoad Sensor Pump Protection System for Franklin Submersible Motors

Another box 'must' run the motor itself ... I think it's this one:
* Franklin Electric Model 2801074915, 3/4 HP, 230 volts

A third box is clearly the circuit breaker for the well pump electrical
feed.

The last box, has no writing on it, and I don't know 'what' it does.

If YOU (or anyone) knows what these four "well boxes" do, please edify me!

I think you've already figured out what they do.

One is the breaker box where the electric for the system
is coming in, through the breaker and on to the pump

One is the pump controller. Submersibles come in
either 2 wire or 3 wire versions. The 3 wire ones use
an external controller to energize the start winding to
get the pump going. Hence they need a controller.
The two wire type have that built into the pump.
Apparently you have a 3 wire type.

One is the pump protection system that senses when
the well runs dry and cuts off the power to avoid
burning out the pump. That is what
is apparently cycling the pump at 30 min intervals.
But you say in another post that from other testing it
appears that is about the recovery rate of the well
anyway, so fiddling with the cycling time of this
box, assuming that's possible doesn't sound likely
to yield much in the way of improvement

One box is unused.