Posted to alt.home.repair
SF Man SF Man is offline

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:39:25 -0700, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Or you could collect some of the fog for additional free supply of water.

Bearing in mind that it never rains here, but when it does, it pours ...

Some of my neighbors have 30,000 gallon water runoff tanks (basically
concrete bunkers sunk into the ground).

They collect runoff water during the rainy seasin (e.g., from the roof),
and funnel it into these holding tanks.

I'm not sure how long 30,000 gallons would last (with evaporation and
leakage) but I might need to consider that for irrigation in the future.