Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default getting drywall to 2nd floor without a boom truck

On Aug 17, 5:16*am, Andy wrote:

snip

* * If I didn't want to spend the money, and were willing to invest
a half day, I'd nail some 2x4s together to build a two rail ramp,
about 45 deg,
and slide the dry wall up one at a time. *Then I'd pull out the nails
and
use the 2x4s for any framing that needed to be done......

* *That could be done in much less time than would be taken for
the trip to Home Depot (or wherever) to get special equipment and
take it back....

* *I'm pretty sure that's how they built the pyramids......

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Andy in Eureka, Texas

BTDT, exactly how we hoisted 30' wide trusses to a second floor
location. Two people, one pushing, one on the header plate, C-clamps
as safety stops on the 45 degree ramps, and a decent length of rope
and ten of the trusses were stacked in place in a couple of hours. In
a nearby development there were three guys working with a boom truck
all morning. They had more $$ to spend, I guess.

Joe

Joe