Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Google Earth query

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:00:26 +0100, John Rumm wrote:
It might be worth looking at what data www.getmapping.com have on the
area. IIRC they assembled all their images by overflying the country in
strips, and at known dates and times.

They were the folks I mentioned in my post... but some places were re-
flown (due to atmospheric issues), plus it took quite a while to process
and load the images into the system - I can't remember if we recorded a
timestamp of when a photo was taken, or merely when it was loaded.

I do still seem to have all the source and design docs, but I don't think
I have any database backups - otherwise I'd be able to quote dates for
particular gridrefs :-)

cheers

Jules