Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Turds in Iowa.

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 17:16:26 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

On 8/14/2011 3:00 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:27:45 -0500, Gordon Shumway wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:16:05 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

It would be interesting to see how totally ****ed up this country
would be if the Republicans were in charge.
Might still get a chance to find out. Then the fur will really fly.
Nearly all these pols - D and R alike - are millionaire yuppies,
don't know the importance of manufacturing the products we buy right
here, and think everybody should be educated for "jobs of the
future.".
Right. Like China and India don't produce educated people by the
millions.
****ing morons.

--Vic

Here is a simple tutorial for voting democrat or republican.

Do you have a public sector job and pay taxes?
If yes, vote republican.

Are you too lazy to work and don't pay taxes and do you want the
government to give you money to support yourself or do you work at a
government job and want to insure you never get laid off or have to
work very hard?
If yes, vote democrat.

Class dismissed.

Oops, should have been:

Do you have a PRIVATE sector job and pay taxes?
If yes, vote republican.

Yer brush is a little broad. There are those of us who work for the
gummint, trying to fix things from the inside, and trying (often
futilely) to keep our little corner of reality from being as effed up as
y'all think it is. Saint Obama announced a few months back that I won't
be getting any cost of living increases for at least two more years, and
also signed off on jacking my health insurance premiums. So, in effect,
my pay HAS been cut.

My last raise was last century. The last 10 years of my previous job had
*zero* pay increases and the job I currently have pays about $20K less and
I've had no increases (a 10% cut for 9 months) in the three years I've been
here. Man up.

Layoffs are on the table, too, BTW. Several bills in congress to
downsize, which probably means more contractors (at a higher price) will
get hired.

*MAYBE* a higher price but likely less cost.

Enough people in my shop said the hell with the pay freeze,
et al, and retired, that I didn't get to take a vacation so far this
year. At this point, since my high-three used to calculate retirement
will likely never get any higher, I'm just trying to see how long I can
hold on to keep adding to my kinda-like-a-401k retirement plan add-on.
If I could find a job that actually interested me out in real world,
that paid even most of what the difference would be between current
take-home and what federal retirement pays, I'd be out the door as fast
as I could file the paperwork. But as you may have noticed, real-world
jobs are kinda scarce right now.

GMAB.

BTW, I don't have any use for either of the current duopoly of political
parties- they are both fulla ****. IMHO, we need to ban political
parties from Congress, and just elect people, and pass out the
committees and power positions (in theory, at least) to the person, not
the party. Of course, that would require the voters and the politicians
to think, rather than just parrot slogans, so it will never happen.

Absolutely wrong.