Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Homing device may lead to fine

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:17:29 -0500, Gordon Shumway wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:06:55 -0700, Oren wrote:

"BETHEL — A Vermont fisherman who caught a 9.5-pound salmon captured
something else, too — a homing device that ended up leading
authorities to the illegally-taken fish in his freezer."

Oops...

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110816/NEWS07/110816003/Vermont-fisherman-hooks-salmon-homing-device-too

Not being a fisherman I would like to ask a question. What are tax
dollars being spent on tracking the mating habits of two salmon and
the salaries of at least two fisheries biologists for?

Um, good stewardship of natural resources for future generations to
enjoy? I suspect much of the tax dollars come from license fees, etc.