Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Completely isolating a mobile phone

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 19:08:05 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Some of the companies I previously listed sell a fancy aluminum and
plastic bag, with a wire mesh view port, and built in foil gloves. It
is possible to tune a radio or pager in such a bag, but it's probably
awkward. Sorry, but I don't recall the company and didn't find
anything with Google.

Ramsey used to sell that equipment.

Yep. They did, but I don't see it on their web pile:
http://www.ramseytest.com
Probably discontinued due to the low demand for RF proofing potato
chips.

I actually used one of those bags for tuning pagers in about 1972. It
sorta worked, but wasn't any fun. Try tuning something small while
wearing welding gloves for a fair simulation. We later switched a
home made RF shielded box, with aluminum on mylar foil gloves built
in. After I left, they bought an aluminum semi-truck trailer, fitted
the doors with copper fingers, installed HVAC, filtered the entry
wires, and build a somewhat mobile screen room.

RF shielded "tent"
http://www.shieldextrading.net/tents.html
Sigh... I was hoping for a pyramid power tent.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS