Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03[_2_] DerbyDad03[_2_] is offline

Default Mounting Shelf Without Damaging Walls?

I need to mount the corner shelf in this picture on my daughter's dorm
room wall. I am not allowed to drill holes in the wall or damage the
walls in any way.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...lockshelf.jpg/

The shelf is to hold a clock radio. Last year I used strips of Velcro on
the sides and it held for a few months, but eventually the weight of the
clock and it's use (pushing buttons) caused the Velcro to pull off of
the wall.

I then added the dowel (again using Velcro) mounted at a 45 degree angle
below the shelf to support the front and it worked fine, but I didn't
like the look.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to mount the shelf so that it
holds without the dowel? 3M Command strips? Removable Silicon adhesive?

Yes, I am aware that any surface mount that I use could fail because of
the paint on the walls, but let's assume that the paint will hold.

Thanks!