Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Completely isolating a mobile phone

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message
On 17/08/2011 4:46 AM, Ian Field wrote:
"Jeff wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:01:07 +0800, Man-wai Chang
wrote:

I threw it into a tin can then invert it. It still rang when I dialed
its number.

Did you put anything over the open end of the tin can?

Must I use aluminium foil? Why does Al make a difference?

Because aluminum is known to block the government mind control rays
that are forcing you to post such drivel. With an aluminum foil hat,
you will be safe from cell phone radiation and mind control rays.

Putting head in microwave oven is more permanent cure for mind control
rays.

He'll need to overcome the safety cut-out that the government requires to
be installed to prevent people escaping mind-control rays that way.

Sylvia.

Some TV drama showed someone jamming plastic forks in the interlock catch
slots so it worked with the door open - failing that, anyone posting on a
sci.electronics group should have the knowhow to solder a mains lead
directly to the transformer tags.