Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default RIP Broken Britain..

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:01:05 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Aug 16, 3:57*am, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember Mark
saying something like:

And I disagree totally with evictions for
the entire family if one member is accused of rioting or looting.

Ding.
Except when the entire family is already on notice/warning for
anti-social behaviour and the next incident would see them out.

Trouble is all they do then is pass them on to someopne else,
since when has throwing your dog**** in someone elses garden been a
solution.

Otherwise, I regard it as entirely draconian and unfair to penalise a
family for the actions of a 16yr-old who might be up to all sorts of
things his parents don't know about. Gawd nose, I was, at that age.

I agree and what I don't like is the police wanting to bring in extra
laws so they can use them against
anyone at anytime like the stop and search.

Indeed. So many laws have been ill thought out and used in
inappropriate situations. For example Anti terror laws have been used
against children involved in peaceful protests.

We already have laws where we can fine people, even 16 year olds I
believe, so why not fine them
say £20 a week for a specific time ? and/or removing any items that
are believed to be the proceeds of crime.

They'll probably just nick more stuff. How can anyone tell whether a
£20 note came from crime or was legit?

--
(\__/) M.