Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default two stroke chainsaw conked and won;t restart

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:49:46 +0100, Jim K wrote:

Not sure how these carbs work, but if that was on a 60's car, I'd
diagnose 'blocked idle jet' instantly.

That is what is going through my mind as well. I'd try very hard

not
to fiddle with any adjustments but wash the carb out backwards and
some compressed air, again backwards.

mmmm so why won't it start with the usual routine:-

choke & full throttle applied,
then pull till it "tries",
knock the choke in (still full throttle)
2 pulls & away..?

'Cause it's a two stroke? Two strokes are renown for being
tempremental, particulalry when cold.

Fairly sure that with most two stroke carbs the "idle" jet is there
all the time it doesn't get shut off or anything clever under any
throttle settings. So, in theory, if it's blocked, there is less fuel
avialable for the cold start, in theory...

--
Cheers
Dave.