Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Democracy in Action

On 8/16/2011 7:12 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
In , z wrote:
[...]
There is no magic to teaching. ...well, other than having a
good grasp of the subject matter [...]

Absolutely untrue. That is only half the battle.

Two things are required in order to be able to teach:
1) Adequate knowledge of the subject matter
2) The ability to communicate that knowledge effectively

No kidding ... and 2 above leads to the other requirement: ability to
motivate the student.

IME, that is the "magic" part ... some have it some don't, and those
that do will magically transform an unmotivated student into a motivated
student.

I know, because it happened to me. AAMOF, 63 years since starting
school, I still remember the names of those few who exercised that
"magic" on me ... the rest are not even a blurred memory.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010