Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Hammers

On 8/16/2011 12:17 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:08:34 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

I need four.
16 Oz Estwing claw hammer with leather wrapped handle.
24 Oz Estwing Long, framer.
2 pound dead blow. I also have a 1 pound for assembly.
Big ol' ballpeen , guessing at 3 lbs.

All of which I have owned forever.
Then I have a rubber mallet, a wooden mallet, 2 sledges, a triangular
rotating head small hammer, a brass hammer.

Yupp - I have a rubber mallet. Somehow, I can't bring myself to consider it
a hammer.

My polyurethane mallet is my favorite hammer, and I have probably 20
hammers of various types, from 3oz to 3lb, and 5 and 10lb sledges.

Holy Cow, it's C-less touting the advantages of polyurethane! I'm shocked, I
tell ya, shocked! Next thing is you'll be telling us it has a stained cherry
handle too! :-)

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.