Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Google Earth query

On 16/08/2011 19:04, robgraham wrote:
I'm involved in a dispute for Planning Permission. Most of the
dispute revolves round aerial photos and images from Google Earth.
Can someone confirm my translation of the data on a Google Earth
picture please.

There are what I assume copyright dates in the middle of the bottom of
the image - in the case of the area I'm looking at there are 4
companies involved all with 2011 against them. If on the other hand I
zoom in to an 'Eye Level' (bottom righthand side) of less than 2000
ft, the bottom LH corner pops up with "Imagery Date: 1/1/1999". As
the image is clearly taken in a summer period, am I right in taking
that this indicates that the photo was taken in 1998 or earlier ?

Its probably a fair bet. Google earth would not have existed then, but
their source data predates them. However how fine grained the
attributions are is hard to say since they blend together many sources
of imagery.

What are you trying to prove?

--
Cheers,