Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default getting drywall to 2nd floor without a boom truck

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:49:56 -0400, Tony Miklos
wrote:

On 8/16/2011 9:47 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 16, 9:06 am, Tony wrote:

No truck, no real steps, just pull down attic type. I can open up a
2'x8' bay of the gable end wall. Is there a fairly easy way to do this?
It has to go up about 10.5'. Getting a boom truck will be tricky, no
one wants to do it.

I have a drywall lift for installing drywall but I don't think it will
go high enough. May have access to scaffolding... thinking of making
steps across 2 sets of scaffolding. The scaffolding may be coming here
anyway to do some stucco work. Any creative ideas?

How much drywall are you talking about? The
possible...errr....sensible solutions are dependent on how many sheets
need to go up.

There will be 26 sheets of 8' 1/2" and 16 12' 1/2"

To me, that begs the question-- is there ever going to be a real
stairway to that space?

The lift is still the easier way to move that much drywall-- but drop
down stairs seem like a temporary way to get to a space you're doing
that much work on.

Jim