Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default getting drywall to 2nd floor without a boom truck

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:06:59 -0400, Tony Miklos
wrote:

No truck, no real steps, just pull down attic type. I can open up a
2'x8' bay of the gable end wall. Is there a fairly easy way to do this?
It has to go up about 10.5'. Getting a boom truck will be tricky, no
one wants to do it.

I have a drywall lift for installing drywall but I don't think it will
go high enough. May have access to scaffolding... thinking of making
steps across 2 sets of scaffolding. The scaffolding may be coming here
anyway to do some stucco work. Any creative ideas?

How much and how big? If you only need like 12 sheets of 1/2" 4x8
up there and only one or two will end up full sheets-- then stage it
downstairs- cut it and carry cut sheets up one at a time.

I work alone & that usually works for me. Leave the sheet on the
trailer - cut & carry. Keeps the mess inside down - keeps the stuff
out of the way & I get my exercise in smaller batches.

Jim