Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default hose leaking water?

"bob haller" , leza wang wrote:

wrote:
my garden water tab is leaking when i connect it to a water hose. I
have used different hose but got the same result exactly. Please see
the following 2 pictures. The first one show from where the water leak
and the second one shows that i cover the tab with white strap to
prevent water from leaking but it is not leaking from there, it is
leaking from other location, please see the picture (it is hard to
explain it)
thanks a lot.

might be a leaking packing nut on the faucet.

try tightening it
Bob,

I think you the closest so far. The faucet needs repacking.

Based on where the attempted repair was made with tape, it's probably got
nothing to do with hose/washer/spigot connection. That theory is bolstered
by her having tried three different hoses.

I have old spigots like that. You have to turn off the main, remove the
valve handle and the cover underneath and wrap teflon faucet packing (it's
like thick, gooey string) around the stem. It's a *very* simple repair that
takes a screwdriver for the handle, a wrench for the "bell" and a few bucks
for faucet packing. OP should search google for "repacking outside faucet"
to find a how-to site with pictures.

--
Bobby G.