Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default coupler for AC servo

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 07:36:23 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

I'm doing a cnc conversion on a 13x40 gearhead lathe.

My Z servo will be belt driven, so I think I can handle that.

Do any of you have a recommendation for a zero backlash coupling for the X
drive, which will be direct?

(metric AC servos)

LLoyd

I like Oldham couplings for this sort of thing. They're much cheaper
than higher performance options like bellows couplings, less fragile
and cheaper than helical beam couplings, and usually good enough in
all but the most demanding motion control apps. McMaster has a limited
selection; Lovejoy and Huco have much more. Lovejoy has some
comparison info in their catalog.

http://www.lovejoy-inc.com/products/...couplings.aspx

--
Ned Simmons