Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Google Earth query

I'm involved in a dispute for Planning Permission. Most of the
dispute revolves round aerial photos and images from Google Earth.
Can someone confirm my translation of the data on a Google Earth
picture please.

There are what I assume copyright dates in the middle of the bottom of
the image - in the case of the area I'm looking at there are 4
companies involved all with 2011 against them. If on the other hand I
zoom in to an 'Eye Level' (bottom righthand side) of less than 2000
ft, the bottom LH corner pops up with "Imagery Date: 1/1/1999". As
the image is clearly taken in a summer period, am I right in taking
that this indicates that the photo was taken in 1998 or earlier ?

Rob