Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Lock plate question

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

I am changing the knobs and locks on the doors of my house. The metal
plate on the door jamb is screwed into the jamb where you would expect
it to be, but then wraps around to the front of the jamb and is fastened
beneath the trim piece. The house is 22 y/o and this is original
equipment. Anyway to get that off w/o tearing off (and probably tearing
up) the trim?

Why would you want to change the strike plate?

Going from gold to brass and it would look nasty. Also, another
reason I need to get it out, they don't match to the placement in the
current door knobs.