Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Skylight leak, 2nd post (with pics)

In my opinion, the only way to do this job right is to tear out the
both layers of roof and start from scratch.I don't know if I got a new
skylight if it can be installed below the old shingles without
damaging the new shingles up there now.
My roof is still in good shape with no issues. I would hate to start
opening up a can of worms by replacing the skylight, plus money is an
issue for me right now.

Is it possible to tear out the old caulk/gasket surrounding the glass
window and recaulk or re-seal? Is there a special caulk for skylights
or is it statndard caulk?

I know the leak is coming from the seals. If I could somehow just re-
seal it, that would solve the leak. And also what if I tried to seal
those holes from the inside, would I make matters worse.

Thanks again for all your inputs.