Bruce

Default Old craftsman bandsaw

In rec.woodworking
"Rob-J" wrote:

The blade is in properly and it is a 1/2" new blade. I checked in the manual
and it seems like everything is proper. I am not sure what HP the motor is,
I will look when I get home. The motor just bogs down and quits, I have to
backup the piece and start again. I think the motor just doesnt have enough
power for resawing. Could I just replace the motor with a bigger motor?

I'm sure you know the manufacturer doesn't recommend you put a bigger motor
on. That said, I've considered doing exactly that for my table saw and I'm
not worried about it at all.

I have resawn 6" walnut and 9" hard maple with my 14" Go555 Grizzly and I
don't believe I could bog it if I wanted too. I've pushed very hard just
to see and it didn't bog, just started cutting crooked. I let the blade do
the work.