Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Turds in Iowa.

wrote:
"HeyBub" writes:

Jack Stein wrote:

Greed is a word made up by man that defines excessive desire.
Desire is fine, excessive desire is not. Desire = good, excessive
desire = bad.

Okay, I'll play. In what way(s) is "excessive desire" bad?

It's a definition. Greed = bad.

Please forward an accepted definition where greed is a synonym for bad. A
common definition is: "an excessive desire to acquire or possess more
(especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves; avaricious:
immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth."

Now I understand that wicked thoughts, in the Christian tradition, are
sinful and therefore bad, but in my world, thoughts are neither good nor
bad, only actions and results. To me, there was nothing wrong with Carter's
famous confession: "I have lusted in my heart".

Sort of like we don't say subservient when we mean respectful.

Uh, no one says "subservient" when they mean "respectful." They are two
different things.

I can be subservient even when I don't respect the judge for hitting me with
a fine and I can be respectful of the president even while vigorously
rejecting his demands.