Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Democracy in Action

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

No, you're saying that only a "professional teacher" can teach, even a
technical subject.

Yes, but, they are, well, "professionals."

Years ago I did some research. I found that the following were ineligible to
teach in the high schools of my state:

* All living Nobel Laureates (this was back when Richard P. Feynman was
alive).
* All winners of the Fields Medal
* Almost all literary prize winners, including Pulitzer, Edgar, Booker,
Caldecott, Newberry, etc.
* Virtually all members of the federal judiciary
* Virtually all members of the Congress and all living ex presidents

And on and on.

Simply because without the requisite "education" courses, it was presumed
they didn't know how to teach.