Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Are these guys doing a professional job

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:41:01 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:00:43 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
. ..

http://imageshack.us/g/811/img0187o.jpg/

BTW the threshold looks backwards. Shouldn't the door have a stop
when it closes?

What did the contractor say when you asked him?

He said it was ok. He would add a weather strip. After asking the
question I took a look at the old threshold and it didn't have a back
stop either. When he brought the new threshold out to look at. I
just pictured it in my mind that the door should close against it.

No.
Normally - all that I've seen and done - the widest flat part of the
threshold is under the door.
Exterior door thresholds might have a seal or the door bottom might
have a weatherstrip tacked on.

--Vic