Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_10_] Alan[_10_] is offline

Default House insurance (OT)

In message , sweetheart
wrote
Just a quick question really. Has house insurance ( buildings and
contents) gone up a lot or is it just mine?

I cannot work out why its gone up over £100 this year to £328 for a 2
bed bungalow , rural location, for seemingly no reason. I haven't
claimed for more years than I can recall. Further they took my
accidental cover off me and gave me "sports insurance " - for bikes and
equipment I don't possess! Its RBS. Is something going on here?

Haven't been able to get quotes off sites today as they either wouldn't
recognize my occupation, thought I was foreign ( despite my putting in
I was born here) and in one case suggested a premium of £1029 ( I kid
not!)

RBS in common with all insurance companies will quote a renewal of
around 30% more than last year because your introductory discount of 30%
is not valid for a second year. This is why you have to shop around
every year to get the "introductory" 30% discounts from another company.
My household insurance (buildings £0.5million and contents £35k) is
around £5 more this year than I paid 2 years ago.

Consider also if you need accidental damage as this can add
substantially to the price with some companies.

--
Alan