Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default House insurance (OT)

"sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote in message
Just a quick question really. Has house insurance ( buildings and
contents) gone up a lot or is it just mine?

I cannot work out why its gone up over £100 this year to £328 for a 2
bed bungalow , rural location, for seemingly no reason. I haven't
claimed for more years than I can recall. Further they took my accidental
cover off me and gave me "sports insurance " - for bikes and equipment I
don't possess! Its RBS. Is something going on here?

Haven't been able to get quotes off sites today as they either wouldn't
recognize my occupation, thought I was foreign ( despite my putting in I
was born here) and in one case suggested a premium of £1029 ( I kid not!)

If your situation is rural and at all unusual try NFU on 01954 210007.

They are not known to be the cheapest for everyone but can be very
reasonable for rural properties. The cover is also top notch, they paid our
claim with no quibble even suggesting things we had not thought of claiming
for.

Mike