Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default How to Discourage a Skunk?

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On 2011-08-14, Home Guy wrote:

Once in the garbage can, I put the lid on the can, secure it with bungee
chord, put it in my truck and drive it about 7 miles to a relatively
rural area (with a stream nearby) and let them go. They run away
without much of a fuss.

Not only foolish, but in some places, illegal. Ever hear of rabies?

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15834687

nb

"...Signs of rabies in animals include abnormal behavior such as
nocturnal animals being active during the day,..."

I've read this about skunks. Seldom are they seen during the day time
hours.

Skunks are crepuscular. Seeing one in the daytime is hardly cause for
alarm.