Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Minifon P55 wire recorder , pocket size of mid 1950s

N_Cook wrote:

[...]

I'm starting to find differences from this schematic
http://vintage-technics.ru/Minifon%2...nned-P55-1.JPG
orientation of triple ganged master switch is different
I cannot find the fast acting switch parallel to the seriesed end or reel
switches

The first place I would look is around the operating key bank. I assume
it momentarily by-passes the end-of-spool switches, so it is probably
operated from one end of the slide locking bar on the key bank.

Have you tried following the end-of-spool wires back from the deck plate
onto the amplifier board (if they haven't fallen off yet) ? They might
lead you to it.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk