Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default online calculator or formula applicable to gauge less than 50 SWG ?

N_Cook wrote:

All online and my tables stop at 50 SWG. I don't know if the standard copper
resistivity formula breaks down over/less than 50 SWG. Wire in question ,
measured optically to about 0.05 mm diameter as too fine to mike up. About
19.7 ohm per metre but what is that in AWG or SWG ?

As a last resort, you could try drawing a graph of diameter or
diameter-squared against SWG, AWG or resistance. If you can find a
straight-line relationship, you can extrapolate to any value you need.

I think you can still buy graph paper, rulers and pencils in shops - if
you can find any shops. :-)

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk