Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default House insurance (OT)

"Lobster" wrote in message
On 15/08/2011 18:55, Andy Cap wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:49:54 +0100, "sweetheart"hotmail.com wrote:

Try Aviva. They're not on the comparison sites.

Is that from experience or because you have seen it on TV?

From experience. I think they'll still give you an initial discount, so
like
everyone else, the following year you have to check again, but this time
decided to stay with them.

Have to say I'm well impressed with them; at least for motor insurance...
last year, with two teenage drivers on to my policy (aargh!) I did the old
comparison site tango, and got about 300 quotes from several different
sites. Aviva - not on the comparison sites - undercut them all
dramatically so I went with them.

Just had my renewal notice from them - up by about 25-30% on last year
despite no claims or changes in circs. "Aye, aye" I thought - they're
taking the mick from a renewing customer. Went back on the comparison
sites again, and could not find a single premium there below £2,600. My
*renewal* premium with Aviva, however, was only(!) £1,450.

I have just got a quote off them . £176 . I can have free contents insurance
apparently.
Its very tempting as the cover is virtually like for like with my existing
policy ( I could even add protected no claims and probably come in cheaper
than the other quotes I have)