Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT. Turds in Iowa.

" wrote in
:

On Aug 14, 5:18*pm, Han wrote:
Gordon Shumway wrote
:

On 14 Aug 2011 18:50:51 GMT, Han wrote:

Are you too lazy to work and don't pay taxes and do you want the
government to give you money to support yourself or do you work
at a government job and want to insure you never get laid off or
have to work very hard?
If yes, vote democrat.

I agree that need has to be established for a handout. *Wish that
was simple. *Getting unemployment because you don't want to work
should n

ot
be possible. *On the other hand, if the only job available was one
th

at
cut wages to less than half, some kind of subsidy should be
available.

Why would the pay scale have anything to do with it? *Let us
suppose

person was hired to do a high-paying job, because they interviewed
extremely well and had an impeccable resume but they were totally
unqualified. *Then let us suppose in 2012 that person is fired from
that job because of his incompetence, arrogance and corruption and
someone qualified was given the job. *It shouldn't be the
government'

(read tax payers) responsibility to hold that persons hand when
things get rough, that's what relatives, friends and charities are
for -- not my hard earned savings.

Sorry, left a sentence out. *There has to be a limit above which
salary/wages wouldn't be supplemented. *Also supplementation of
reduced wages needs to be to 75% (WAG number) of previous salary,
with a 2 year (another WAG) time limit.

--
Best regards
Han

And there you have an good example of the thinking
that's got us where we are today. The libs think every
possible issue they can identify as needing to be fixed
requires another law, another regulation, another
federal program, another handout. And who do they
turn to for these programs and how to run them?
Why Congress of course, with an approval rating
of 15%. I want Congress to do less, not more.

We got were we are because of a spendthrift congress, that showered
benefits left and right so the critters could get re-elected left and
right alike. If you think that by abrogating unemployment benefits we
will get back on track, I suggest you hire a firing squad (figuratively
speaking, mostly).

--
Best regards
Han